What We Do

Divorce/Financial Matters/Co-habitation Disputes

The breakdown of a marriage or partnership can be a difficult time when long lasting decisions need to be made at a time of emotional turmoil. We aim to provide a sympathetic and professional approach in order to help the future be more certain and clear. This can involve issues around the future of your home and other assets. Providing an amicable solution through negotiation can be cost effective as well as the best solution to preserving an amenable relationship which we always try to encourage. When necessary, a succinct decision to proceed to Court is necessary in order to reach the most beneficial and timetabled resolution. We represent both routes with expertise and experience and with the outcome you want in mind.

Pre-Marriage Agreements

Growing in popularity and necessity, we can advise you on your options and prepare agreements and advise

Separation Agreements

Practical and useful advice and suggestions can be made to make realistic and acceptable decisions


We have a great deal of experience in dealing with all aspects of children matters such as Residence (custody) and Contact (access) issues now all called ‘child arrangements’. When a best solution has to be reached in the best interests of the child and experienced and clear confident advice is necessary and often welcomed. We deal with the following areas involving children matters:

Child arrangements

Determining with whom the child(ren) should live. We have extensive experience in dealing with children matters and offer the benefit of an experienced and expert view offering practical and legal solution.

‘Contact matters’

Gaining access for absent parents/grandparents and representing a resident parent responding to a contact request/application. This is encompassed in the ‘child arrangements’. We offer clear, confident advice.

Specific Issue Orders

Any matters about which there might be a dispute can require a legal advisor’s intervention. This can include matters such as taking a child abroad, changing his/her surname, DNA testing.

Prohibited Steps Orders

If there is a real risk that a child will be removed abroad or from its parents care, emergency advice may be necessary to take the correct steps.


This is a specialised area that requires experienced legal advice and representation when there is suspicion or actual evidence to suggest that a child has been removed abroad. We have extensive experience in abduction matters and work with Reunite. We have dealt with a vast number of cases involving removal out of the jurisdiction. As such we help you make clear decisions and take immediate action as necessary and confidently.

Child protection matters

If social services is involved with your children or children you may require legal advice. You may be entitled to free legal aid. Care proceedings or other proceedings including an Emergency Protection Order, Police Protection Order, Supervision Order or social services commencing child protection proceedings requires specialist experienced advice and assistance which we offer by an experienced Children Law Panel member solicitor.

Special Guardianship Orders

You may need advice as a grandparent or aunt or uncle or as a guardian of a child and you have been assessed by social services or want to formalise your guardianship.


We advise and represent in all adoption matters


We can provide immediate emergency advice and obtain an injunction Order (sometimes the same day) in any matters involving domestic violence. Legal Aid may be available subject to means testing.

We advise parents, grand-parents and guardians.

Give us a call for a confidential chat