We provide mobile notarial services in Harrow/Watford and the surrounding areas.
We offer appointments either at our office or at a location to suit you (with a travel fee). We are happy to visit you either at your home or office to offer our Notarial services.
Please contact us to arrange an appointment or to obtain a quotation.
What is a Notary Public?
You will often require the services of a Notary Public when you have documents which are needed to be used abroad. The Notary’s signature and seal will verify to the authorities in that country that any relevant checks have been carried out and that the document has been properly signed.
The prime responsibility of a notary is to ensure that his notarial act may be relied upon by anyone in the world who may receive the document. This differs from the responsibility of a solicitor whose main duty is to his client.
Notarial practice is a separate and distinct element of legal service in England and Wales. It cannot be provided by solicitors. Most often it concerns the attestation, authentification or verification of documents, facts or events in circumstances which involve a foreign legal element. The form of certificate, authentication or other document or instrument prepared by a Notary is known as his “notarial act”, and may be, according to its nature and effect, either a public act or a private act.
The presence of the Notary’s signature, often in combination with her unique official seal, will render the document in question, or the facts or circumstances attested by him therein as acceptable proof for the purposes of the judicial or other public authorities in the foreign country in which they are to be used.
What services do I offer?
- Authentication of identities and signatures to private and commercial documents
- Preparation and execution of Powers of Attorney and other documents for use abroad
- Taking declarations, sworn statements and affidavits for use abroad
- Witnessing and attesting the signature of foreign wills
- Authentication of transfers of patents and trade marks
- Preparation of sponsorship forms for visiting foreign citizens
- Legalisation service with the Foreign Office (“Apostille”) Foreign Embassies and Consulates
- Certifying copy documents including passports and academic and other certificates
- Letters consenting to minors travelling abroad
- Bills of Exchange ‐ noting protest and general advice
- Shipping ‐ preparation and noting of protest
The preparation and completion of notarial acts requires a very high standard of care, since they are likely to be relied upon, not only by the client but also by third parties and officials at home and abroad. The Notary has to protect against the risk of inaccuracy, error, interference, forgery, dishonesty, money laundering and fraud.
Notary services for businesses
For businesses, Notaries will:
- Certify company documents including – Certificates of Incorporation, Articles and Memorandum of Association
- Provide a Certificate of Good Standing from the Companies Registry
- Prepare and authenticate Powers of Attorney to buy and sell property abroad, create bank accounts, register trademarks and to set up branch offices
- Preparing notarial certificates – Verifying the identity and capacity of the company and company officers
…and many other documents required for use abroad
Notary services for individuals
- For private individuals, Notaries will:
- Draft and Witness Powers of Attorney, Affidavits, Deeds, Declarations, and other documents
- Certify true copies of documents and photographs
- Change of Name Declarations – preparation and notarisation
- Marriage confirmation of single status (for those intending marriage abroad)
- Certify marriage certificates, Divorce documents and Death Certificates (subject to Crown Copyright laws)
- Adoption – notarisation of documents
- Education – certify degrees and other certificates
- Prepare Sponsorship Declarations
- Powers of Attorney to inherit property abroad
- Property Acquisition~ execution of deeds and documents
- Passports – lost, damaged or renewal
- Prepare Affidavits accompanying applications
- Authenticating evidence and facts for foreign courts in relation to land disputes and court cases
…and many other documents required for use abroad
How much does it cost?
An early indication of the costs can usually be given in advance, but so that I can establish the charges please tell me the following:
- What service you need – witnessing signatures, certifying copy documents, obtaining Apostille etc
- The type of documents concerned – for instance is it a Power of Attorney that you need witnessing
- Who is signing or presenting the documents – are they personal papers or for a Company?
- How many documents are there?
- Which country they are to go to.
Legalisation or Apostille
Further authentication, in the form of an “Apostille” from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and/or from the appropriate foreign consulate or embassy in England (called “Legalisation”) will often be required. Where it is, this process will involve delays and additional costs about which you will be properly informed.
Please send your queries to email@example.com